"...Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Trip to London

November 1, 2009
Yesterday we spent the day in London. It was my first time and I had an amazing time! The city was crowded yet beautiful and full of history! We took a tour bus so we could get an overview of the city and decide what places we wanted to go through in more detail. I loved it! All the places we went through were gorgeous! It was overwhelming to think that some mortal could actually build something like that especially hundreds of years ago.

This is the tour bus that we went on. We rode on the top.


The London Eye next to the River Thames

This bridge was built entirely by woman since the men were off at war...

This is the Tower of London built by Henry 8th to "scare the people". It held Anne Boleyn, and her brother, and later on Elizabeth I. It really was one of the greatest sights we saw. It also holds the crown jewels and is somewhere I definitely want to tour. The London Bridge....
This is St. Paul's Cathedral. Absolutely Gorgeous!

Big Ben, although not as big as I expected, it was incredible.
Westminster Abbey. The crowning place of the monarchs

Piccadilly Circus. The first electronic advertisements.


Soho pizza from Pizza Express. We decided to try it since we didn't have enough time to stop at Strada :( I don't recommend it. "Waitor, I don't remember ordering a salad!" They "garnished" it with rocket, I scraped it to the side.... The pizza was okay though.
I cannot wait to go back....

1 comment:

  1. Hanna, I am SO excited to go to the Tower of London and Windsor with you! I love your blog. Legoland was very interesting too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete