"...Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Since my aunt and uncle are leaving for Italy tomorrow, we had a Thanksgiving dinner tonight. We found a turkey at the grocery store and pretty much winged it (no pun intended). It turned out fabulous. We had turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and green beans. We also added a little British touch by using Yorkshire puddings. They are small crispy "cups" that you poor gravy in and use to dip the rest of your meal in. They were very good. My grandparents were back, and right after dinner I went to youth group. I had lots of fun and my friend Tom helped me refine my British accent and gave me a good laugh as he tried out his American accent. I couldn't stop laughing. He really tried to stress their R's like I guess we do. I was glad that we had a Thanksgiving dinner because if we didn't (the English don't) I would've missed it. I did miss my family's traditions though. No matter how much we looked, they don't sell any type of pumpkin pie filling (my favorite) so I'm going to ask my mom to make it for Christmas! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. sounds fun !
    thats funny about the youth trying to have an american accent :) lol im sorry you didnt get pumpkin pie. happy thanks giving !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving! Awwww, sorry about the pumpkin pie!
    see you soon!!!! =) bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to your coming back!

    ReplyDelete