"...Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

Friday, October 23, 2009

Cricket and... Football?


When we went into Bourton-on-the-Water, we went into a little game store and my uncle Joe bought a cricket set. Two days ago, we got it out and gave it a try. In my opinion, cricket is a cross between baseball and bowling. The "bowler" or pitcher, tries to knock the wickets (a set of sticks behind the "batter")over by bowling it and hitting the ground first. The batter must hit the ball and then run back and forth to the other set of wickets behind the bowler. It was a very fun game, but a game that I have no skill in whatsoever. Its a good thing it was my uncles first time to, otherwise, they would've made fun of me. After finishing that game, we started a game of soccer.... oops, I meant FOOTBALL! And because I seem to be disabled in that game, it felt good to make 3 goals... Even if I was playing against a 10 year old! Halfway through, our neighbor Kristi (who is actually from Tennessee) came out with us and we were joined by her dog Rufus who loves playing catch and decided to knock me over when I continued to play football.

RUFUS! and Tyanin
This is the "Bowler"
And here is the "Batter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment