"...Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Marlborough

October 8, 2009
Today we spent the day at home working on school work, watching the swans, and cleaning, but later, when we picked up Joe from work, we went to a small village called Marlborough. It was a very small village, but really pretty. There was a small fair that was being set up that night, so the streets were very crowded.

We wandered around for awhile and then started looking for a place to eat. After several choices, we decided on an Italian restaurant called Ask. It was very nice and the food was delicious. I ordered what is called a Calzone; a folded over pizza with pepperoni, cheese, and basil. It was good, but I have to say that Papa Murphy's is still my favorite! For desert, we shared a plate of Profiteroles. A delicious "gourmet" cream puff with hot fudge on top.




After eating, we walked around the town for a little longer, then headed for the car. There were a lot of little shops along the way with very cute clothes! I can't wait to go shopping! By that time, I was exhausted, especially since I was still battling a cold :( This is the clock tower on an old Cathedral in the city.

I love going on drives because the scenery is beautiful! It is very different to Oregon in some ways but similar in others. Everywhere you look there are ancient houses, cathedrals, and once in a while you'll see a castle. I've started to finally get used to the left side of the road thing but its going to be hard to take my driving test two months after I get back when I've spent all this time on the left side and where everyone drives stick! Anyway, I really miss you all and I hope you email me! Talk to you later! (Below: This is an old government building where the mayor works) 



1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in the phone booth! I love Papa Murphy's too! The cream puffs look good! I am sry you were sick!

    ReplyDelete