"...Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grocery Store Novelties

We've, all been doing pretty good here in England except... Morgan got LICE! AH! So, to get rid of it quickly the boys have been shaved! I have not gotten any thank goodness, but Chloe did! We used Listerine in her hair to kill them all and I have been flat ironing it to kill the eggs with heat. We haven't seen any since, so hopefully we have gotten rid of it! Other than that, we've been exploring the area. We have gone to several different stores, and a local farm called the Butt Farm. lol. The farm itself wasn't open today, but there is bunny cuddling, pony rides, and feeding so we are going to go back! (I miss my bunnies!) Anyway, here are some random pictures of the things we have been doing and the weird foods we've tried! Adios!

I took this picture for my brother Josh, they are wheels of cheese at a local store that resembles Fred Meyers and is called Dobbies


These custard donuts were fabulous! And they had a cute package!

We had seen these Prawn and Cocktail flavored chips everywhere, and heard that many locals love them! So, to get the entire England experience, we tried them. They were actually very good! They resembled salt and vinegar, but a little more tangy

This is by far my favorite desert I've tried here yet. It is called sticky pudding and my favorite type is toffee! It is moist, spongy, and covered in a carmely sauce. There is an actual pudding club that meets every Friday night in a town called Mickelton to eat sticky pudding! (I guess pudding here just means desert. They use weird words and call underwear, pants. So I've been careful to call my pants trousers). Too bad the club charges 33 pounds ($50).






This is a yummy chocolate bar that my aunt bought for me. It has mint bubbles in the middle and was very creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment